Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mileage

I’d like to know how it is possible for me to have run 22miles last week and still feel like a bloated beached whale this week.  Seriously?  What does a girl have to do.

I suppose the scrapbooking retreat that I went to over the weekend was not helpful considering that they feed us All. The. Time.  Think Chocolate Fondue at 9pm, large brunch the following morning, large supper, large nightsnack…and that doesn’t include the Reese Peanut Butter Eggs, Nibs, and other chocolate-type items that I personally had as a stash.

Ok, so maybe it’s not so improbable to feel like crap.  But it was totally worth it for the fun that I had.

That being said, I’m trying for similar (if not a mile or two higher) mileage this week, which will be a challenge considering that it will be Easter and we will be spending time with family.  The mileage felt really good last week.  I managed to put in two days of double runs (a 3miler in the morning and then a 3 or 4miler in the evening) and I just love how that feels.  Nothing beats getting the endorphin rush twice in one day.

I’m thinking, if I can keep the mileage consistent for at least 3 weeks in a row, then I can maybe treat myself.  I was going to use my go-to Ben & Jerry’s (“If I Had a Million Flavours”) but considering the amount of chocolate I consume daily, that reward is losing it’s *specialness*, so maybe I’ll save up the pesos and treat myself to a new running shirt or a new pair of shorts.  I’m loving this shirt from Lululemon in maybe the grey or the purple, and I always love running in their shorts…so we’ll see.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Mmm... me likes that shirt. It totally suits you too! I bought a pair of their running shorts and they ride up. Rubby thighs. Sigh. Hmph.