I love good coffee, and I love the way that Starbucks describes their roasts: Bright, clean, light-bodied; Balanced with a nutty finish; Flavors of cocoa and soft spice; Elegant, floral, satisfying cocoa finish. I’d give anything to be described as bright, clean, and light bodied. Especially the “light bodied”.
Here’s where they lose me though. They give these fascinating pairing suggestions: pairs nicely with herb-crusted goat cheese and a focaccia dipped in basil oil; enjoy with an organic mango. That’s not helpful to me at all. Seriously, I’ve tried goat cheese, and it definitely does not make my skirt fly up. At least not in a good way. And I’m all over mangos, but with coffee? Really?
It would be way more helpful to me if they would offer suggestions based in my real world. For example – Pairs well with 6 Cadbury Caramilk Bunnies; Excellent alongside an obnoxiously large cinnamon bun slathered in cream cheese icing; Perfect with a handful of Mini Eggs, half a tub of Dibs, and Nacho Cheese Doritos.
I’d like to know if the Komodo Dragon blend or the Ethiopia Sidamo would go better with the seven sugar cookies I plan to consume before 10am.
You know, stuff I can relate to.
*This is not a Starbucks ad, and I am not sponsored by Starbucks. Although I should be.
5 comments:
gosh...
Hah! I love it!!
My latest fave pairing: rich creamy coffee with dark-chocolate-caramel-filled Lindt.
LOL... After the day I had, THIS truly made me laugh.
And made me crave coffee and chocolate.
I'll think of this post and smile the next time I order at Starbucks. (And I do think they should pay you for this free advertising!)
LOL! Yeah, coffee goes with dessert or breakfast foods in this house. Luckily, dessert can happen at any time. ;o)
I love mini eggs.
Post a Comment