I accidentally lay down with Berry Boy in an effort to get him to take a nap.
Thankfully, he’s a snorer.
Now, I am trying to recover myself with a latte so that I can *quickly* run 6 miles. The 6 miles I was supposed to have run yesterday, except my legs didn’t seem to work. Or I was just too lazy. Whatever.
Berry Boy doesn’t often nap anymore (although he should, the grumpypants), but he has motivation these days.
Berry Season is upon us…sort of. It’s pruning time, which means that Berry Guy gets home from work, shovels in some supper, and is out the door by 6pm to prune the orchard. It increases our yield, or something.
Anyway, we hire a few teenage boys to help out each year, and there’s NOTHING that Berry Boy likes better than working with his Dad and the Big Boys. I can hardly get him to eat supper – as soon as the first person drives on the yard he goes into a complete panic.
We bribe him with the lure of pruning to get him to take a nap. As in “if you take a nap, then you can work until 8:30 with the guys”.
I know – it’s weird. But it works. At least until he’s old enough to realize that “work” isn’t always fun…
It’s sweet. And cute. He’s learning how to work, which is fantastic. And he’s spending time with his Dad, which he loves. And in general, the boys that come out here are really great with him, and he totally idolizes most of them. He may well be one of the most popular Kindergarteners around, simply because he gets to know so many older kids through our farm. I walk down the hall with him at school and kids in grade 11 are high-fiving him and calling out his name. It’s awesome.
Well, mistake number 2 – sitting down to type. I have now wasted 10 minutes blogging instead of running…and now Berry Baby is waking. It’s irritating difficult to run on the treadmill with Berry Baby around…no matter how I block him in, he still manages to escape. Drat.
No comments:
Post a Comment