Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Going Green (and I don’t mean environmentally…or maybe I do…)

I know, it’s feast or famine here at Berry Bloggerific…I’m either posting nothing for weeks, or I’m making multiple posts in a day.

However, I made an important discovery whilst outside today...and I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up here, but…

100_4524

CHECK IT OUT!!!

100_4526

(and please excuse the fact that the background is in perfect focus while the actual thing that I was focusing on is blurry…I apparently have no idea how to take pictures)

100_4523

I think it’s officially Spring.

Green makes my soul say “ahhhhh”.

Unfortunately, this…

100_4522

…does not make my soul say “ahhhh”.  This makes my soul say “I’m gonna open up a can of whoopass beat that blasted dog…”

100_4520

That tomato cage?  It houses a plant.  Or at least it used to.  My favorite rose bush suffered a similar fate – I didn’t take pictures of the carnage because it was too depressing.  I replanted the poor thing, but I’m not so sure it’s gonna make it…

I think I will blame this one…

100_4528

Mind you, it could very well be this one…

100_4529

but I’m pretty sure I got it right the first time.

100_4527

Hey, it’s SPRING baby!  It’s officially the season of dirty feet and daily baths (for the kids, of course…obviously I bathe daily all the time…ahem)

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Do they just dig them up or do they eat them? If they eat them, perhaps a little spicey pepper would deter them!

Isn't it funny how they can look so innocent just seconds after the crime???

Chris said...

ha ha ha... I love the revisions in your posts as of late... and I love the blog-feastiing, to be sure. The pruning pick of b-boy was awesome... I love the 'guys' working together and the daddy/son work ethic being developed. (I could take lessons!?)

I saw sprouts this morning!!! We only planted the seeds 6 days ago, so we are elated and giddy with green gusto.

I was also scared to read your blog title, since green had a different meaning yesterday. Here's hoping we're all on mend.

And sure... you bathe, right? At least after those 6-9 milers. ;)

Berry Girl said...

I hope she's just digging, although the rose bush did look rather chewed...our golden retriever usually only dug in the heat of summer, so that she would have some cool dirt to lay on, but this, well...we got the black dog as a pup last Fall, so this is her first summer with us. I can see I have some work to do with her. I'll be breaking out the Cayenne pepper tomorrow methinks....

and Chris, you'd better hope that I bathe after those runs...cause it's not pretty after...

Unknown said...

LOL! That look in that last picture is priceless. Watch out Shotgun or you might very well be meeting your namesake...

Suzy said...

Your dog's name is SHOTGUN?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Life just got a little bit better.

I love love LOVE the guilty look by the dog in the last pic.

Hi-LARIOUS.