Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ridiculously Good Recipes

Chicken & Broccoli Divan

ImageHandler.ashx

I confess.  I am a HUGE fan of recipes that call for a can of soup, a vegetable or two, and some form of meat.  I realize that this is not gourmet by any means, but it’s just so easy and tasty.  Plus, I often forget to eat veggies (don’t judge) so if I can incorporate them into the main meal somehow, well all the better.

I tried this little recipe the other day and it was a huge hit.

You will need:

1lb fresh broccoli, or half a 1kg package of frozen broccoli  - cooked and drained (I always have frozen veggies on hand – they don’t go bad like the fresh ones that I put in my fridge with great intentions only to find that they are rotten by the time I remember to eat them)

1 1/2 C cubed cooked chicken breast

1 can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken soup (it also says you could use the Broccoli Cheese soup, but I always find that the stuff just stinks, so I can’t recommend it on those grounds)

1/3 C Milk

1/2 C shredded Cheddar Cheese (I double this at least – I always think that if some cheese is good, much more is better)

2 Tbsp dry bread crumbs & 1 Tbsp of melted butter/margarine (but I doubled this too, because I love the crunchy stuff on top)

ok, so in a 9” pie plate or a shallow casserole dish, arrange your broccoli and chicken.

Mix the soup and milk, and pour it over the broccoli and chicken.

Sprinkle the cheese over top.  Then sprinkle the bread crumb/butter mixture over all.

Bake @400 for 25 minutes until hot.

mmmmmmm…so easy.

(from Campbell’s Classic Recipes)

3 comments:

Chris said...

I'll be right over... that sounds divaaaaaaane!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Looks soo good and i'm sooo glad you shared this as I like something easy and good for you!

Suzy said...

Hey cool. We ate the same exact meal tonight but without the chicken. Yeah, I need to get some groceries. Broccoli casserole and cereal. Yay.

We always use cream of chicken soup whenever a recipe calls for cream of something else. Mushroom soup has mushrooms in it. Broccoli soup stinks. You're right on that one.

Am I still typing?