oh yes. we are still here. I’m sure you’re as tired of hearing about this as I am of blogging it.
In fact, I shouldn’t blog about this anymore at all, since it’s starting to make me look like the slacker mom that I am…
So, we backslid a bit. I admit it. And I can justify it. After the whole “broken leg” incident, when he woke multiple times a night because his leg hurt, you bet I gave him a bit of milk each time. I felt bad.
I don’t feel bad anymore.
Not since a few nights ago, when I would go into his room in the middle of the night to settle him, and he’d be standing in his crib holding his bottle out to me for a refill.
Greaaaaat.
On the one hand, he’s a kid who really knows what he wants.
On the other hand…he’s a kid who really knows what he wants.
It’s gonna be a long 18years (or so).
6 comments:
Or so.
Yep!
But, I can promise you that one day, sooner than you can imagine, this stage of life will seem so long ago.
Blessings!
better to have him reliant on the bottle now than in 20 years, right? Am I right? Of course, this doesn't help you at ALL right now. But if you come this morning, I'll pat your back and hold your boy while you drink your coffee and eat my sticky buns. And you can hold my hand so I don't hurt anybody. Okay?
lololol - ah Chris. I just love you.
(you too Dawn *grin*)
I had to grin really big while reading the "he's a kid who knows what he wants" repeat. My kids have been singing "I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want..." ala spice girls (to my utter astonishment). Seriously, kids DO know what they want, but then, we are no different, are we now? (for the record when I asked them WHERE they had heard that song they informed me it was off of Chicken Little. I don't know if I should be relieved or miffed.)
lololol - ah yes, I remember that song from that movie. Too funny!
My kid BIT both of her brothers today and broke skin...and her ultimate punishment was bottle banning. What would I do without that kind of leverage? Next is her blankie....
Mwaah ha ha ha ha....
Post a Comment