Saturday, March 21, 2009

More Stupidity, or Signs That You Are Waaaay Too Old To Stay Up Past Midnight

1056771_expresso

One full press-pot of strong coffee only holds you until 11am

When you go to make a pot of espresso at 11am, you go look in the freezer 3 times for the bag of espresso beans that you had already pulled out and put on the counter beside the espresso maker.

One of the 3 times you go to pull out your bag of espresso beans, you come out with a bag of ground flaxseed.  Which does not make good espresso.

You try to press whole coffee beans into the espresso maker before realizing that grinding them would be a good idea.

You briefly consider abandoning the idea of going out tonight and staying up late yet again…but a hot cup of strong latte brings you to your senses.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. I'm all about staying up (relatively)late, but then it's all about the sleeping in and the leisurely morning routine. I thank God every day for sleepyheaded children *grin*.

Chris said...

oh dear. if I had been drinking, when I read 'flaxseed', the said drink would be shooting through my nasal passages. How hilariously pitiful. We need to get you help.

How about an iv drip?

***I will not grit my teeth and covet my neighbors children***

All I can say is that I may regret the 2am hot tub at about 6:45am tomorrow morning. Ugh.

Chris said...

ps. - I now need a hand removing the spoonful of coffee grinds from MY sugar container, because I was positive that was where I left my french press. (hand slap to forehead). We're doomed.

I know why my man doesn't leave me alone very often.

Berry Girl said...

*snicker*

Thanks - now I feel better about myself *grin*

Unknown said...

>>All I can say is that I may regret the 2am hot tub at about 6:45am tomorrow morning. Ugh.<<

Oh yeah. That was dumb. *Real* dumb. I'll be going to bed now and praying safe travelling mercies for our men on these icy roads.