Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dedicated

A couple of weeks ago, we had Berry Baby dedicated at church.

  IMG_3620-1

Incidentally, it was the day after he had broken his leg.  Which makes for great pictures.  Of course.

IMG_3621-1  

I love child dedication.  I love the act of committing our child to be raised in faith, and that the church commits to helping us do this.

IMG_3625-1

I love how it’s all about community.

IMG_3637-1   

And how it’s about putting our trust in the Lord, while still promising to do our part.

IMG_3642-1

I love how it’s about accountability, about how we’re not doing this alone.

IMG_3676-1

I love how it’s about prayer.

IMG_3684-1

I love how awkward it is trying to hold a squirming 16month-old, up on stage, in front of lots of people, trying to keep him from pulling the front of my dress down. 

Not really. 

But it reminded me of when we dedicated Berry Boy…

Dscn0619

They’re both impossible  (I have a really great “Mom glare” going on here).

I’m so thankful for our family, and our friends who feel like family, and the encouragement and support that come from being in community.

We are blessed.

13 comments:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

LOL! Love the pix and the whole baby dedication ceremony too we also participate this way..very good stuff!
You looked great ALSO!

Unknown said...

Aw, this post TOTALLY made me tear up. I love everything you said and am dedicated to you and yours, and so thankful for your (plural here) dedication to this fellowship of believers that we are blessed to call family. May we spur one another on when the going is slow, encourage one another when the going is tough, rejoice with one another when the going is blessed, and above all, as we heard so beautifully today, love, love, love each other as He has loved us.

Love YOU.

Mac an Rothaich said...

LOL, you comment about the last pic was awesome! Lovely pictures. Such a beautiful moment!

Unknown said...

oh, and I *will* get the pics to you on a jump drive as those ones I sent you were a poorer resolution to send by email....

Chris said...

So beautiful. I love the community committing to raise a child, and i love that we are making that a reality here- in our town with our children, collectively.

And I love that you look so cute and sassy too.

Berry Girl said...

cute and sassy - loving that. I'm keeping you and Dawn around to make me feel good *grin* And you because you keep feeding me wonderfully fattening foods. And coffee.

PC, thanks for taking the pics for me - I know you are less than pleased with the result, but I am MORE than pleased and so blessed that you captured the moment for us.
love YOU too :)

Suzy said...

Can I be a little superficial here?

I love your outfit, your hair, your necklace. You are C-U-T-E.

And as for the important stuff: You said it all when you listed the important parts about child dedication and I second every one of them. I am relieved that God has them ultimately because if I had to mother them on my own without His help, well, I'd be a huge loser. Huge.

Congratulations.

Chris said...

it's the sexy boots.

Berry Girl said...

yep, I'd be a huge loser as well.

and for sure it's the Sexy Boots. I am in love with those boots. That's probably bad isn't it...

Unknown said...

It is *not* the sexy boots. It's the classy, beautiful woman of God's one of a kind design FILLING the boots. They're just icing on the cake >wink<.

Chris said...

sorry. I still say it's the boots. I can't help myself.

Mac an Rothaich said...

Since we are on the subject, lol, where did you get the boots!

Berry Girl said...

hahaha - they're from Sears, would you believe. I bought a $20 dress at Superstore and had to buy $60 boots to go with it (lol). I love those boots though - they are so awesome.