Berry Baby I love it when you...
rest your head against my cheek when you're tired
shriek with excitement when your Dad comes home
sit up immediately after I lay you down in bed and give me your goofy grin (ok, actually this frustrates the crap out of me, but you're too cute doing it and I'm never going to win, so I will just have to love it)
muck around in your crib until you get so tired that you basically pass out
I'm thankful...
for your chubby cheeks and legs and happy smile
that you have made huge improvements in the crying department
that you were born (because let's be honest, for a while there I was not so thankful for this)
Berry Boy
I love the way...
you are so great with younger kids - this also makes you a fabulous big brother
you say "concreek" (instead of concrete) and "Pirates of the Commudian" (instead of Caribbean)
tell me that you are no longer afraid of bees, even though I know that you are
you sleep on your back with one leg crossed over the opposite knee
You almost made me snort coffee up my nose when you...
were "reading" the Bible and you said "and then Jesus turned 4 and they gave him presents - one was gold, one was plastic..."
I'm thankful...
for your great imagination
for the way you care about your little brother
that you love spending time "working" with your Dad and that you want to do/be everything your Dad does/is (Dr Dobson would be proud)
Berry Guy
I love...
that you play games with Berry Boy such as "sleepysaurus" which involves you being able to lay down, and "asteroid" which involves you kicking balls at Berry Boy while he is wrapped in a thermarest (you are the most creative Dad I know)
that you let Berry Boy "help" you work on the Jeep and the "concreek"
that you are a good leader and organizer - you always have plenty of neat ideas
that you do things for me, like hanging a brand new front door (I love it - it looks amazing)
when you come home and say "hey Precious"
I'm thankful...
that you are my husband
that you provide for us in a job you don't really like doing, but you do it diligently and with integrity
2 comments:
ohhhhh.... so sweet, berrygirl. my faves are your absolute frankness (crying dept. & gift of plastic) and i'm trying not to be jealous that BG calls you precious (and not "my precious" in a creepy LOTR voice) That's really sweet. Great post!
love it. So glad you have found a venue to express and commemorate your affection to your berry beloveds, glad to have played a part in it!
Post a Comment