Monday, June 23, 2008

True Confessions

I have been racking my brain to come up with a really brilliant "first" posting, and so far, NOTHING. Which surprises me because I am quite brilliant (I am of course being sarcastic - still not sure how to write sarcastically...)


So I guess I'll start with being "real"...I have a lot of things I COULD write about if it weren't for the pressing issue that I am avoiding, so perhaps I should start there.

My Bible is sitting here beside me waiting for me to open it and do some reading. I have not intentionally cracked open my Bible to do devotions/quiet time/timewithGod, or whatever you like to call it, for probably over a year. And to be quite honest, it hasn't bothered me at all...until lately.

It has finally occurred to me that some of my "problems" might in fact be due to the fact that I am a bit spiritually "empty" right now (duh) and that perhaps it is time to find some type of guide to follow. So I have found said guide thanks to a good friend, and am now procrastinating on the actual DOING.

I have no shortage of excuses - I don't have a proper "journal" to put my thoughts, the kids are up and distracting me, I'd much rather be on the computer/reading a book/watching TV/drinking my coffee/running - basically ANYTHING other than what I "should" be doing.

So today it is my mission to (a)purchase the "proper" journal (because I am just anal enough about stuff like that for it to be a major issue) and (b)MAKE the time to actually do this.

So, if anyone actually reads this and is so inclined (which I know will be you Prairie Chick ;) ) please pray for me - I think I will need all the help I can get.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Let me just say.... you are awesome. In one post, your first post, you managed to encompass all the elements I strive to incorporate into my blogging, you made me smile, laugh out loud (I *so* got the sarcasm) cry, and moved me to the core.

I will be praying for you today dear friend, that you will find Him to be more enjoyable than all the things you enjoy. My advice, for what it's worth (not much that is, but in any small attempt to help) wait till Berry Baby is asleep and then tell Berry Boy he needs to have outside (or somewhere else/quiet) play time for 20 minutes because you have a date with God. Then curl up in your favourite spot, with your favourite drink and spend time with the One who will most definitely prove himself to be your favourite companion. Quiet time started out as a discipline for me, it is now my most anticipated time of the day...

And at this stage in life, where time is of the essence... I've found that less is usually more. Glean what He reveals to you in one chapter and just focus on that and mull it over for the day.

Lots of prayers and a little advice for good measure from your prairie neighbour and friend. I'm so happy you are "here" as my neighbour and friend in real life *and* the blogosphere.

I'm excited for you, He will meet you there!

Berry Girl said...

Thank you my faithful friend. I kept my date today - I can't say that anything fabulous came out of it but I definitely need to get back into the "discipline"...I'm hoping that I will have your experience and that it will become MY most anticipated time of day. Thanks for your encouragement - I'm happy to be "blogging" with you too!

Unknown said...

This passage came to mind when I was praying for you today; wanted to pass it on.

Jeremiah 19:12-14a Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD.

Sometimes it feels like we have to *chase* Him, doesn't it? Almost like He is playing hide and seek with us, Him hiding, us searching. But you're a good runner... and the odds are stacked in your favor as He promises that He'll reveal His hiding place to those who look.

I will continue praying for you to get your socks blessed off as you pursue more of Him.

Chris said...

definitely with you on this journey... I'm looking forward to conversations about what we're reading over a hot 'cuppa'. Will be praying the coffee doesn't quench everything else... that your thirst will be filled by Him.