Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On a Lighter Note...



In Which Berry Boy Exasperates His Mother (again)....

Berry boy is sitting, feet propped up on the dining room table, dusting off the toast crumbs from his legs.

Me, with my sternest mother look and voice - "what, were you born in a barn?"
Berry Boy looks at me blankly (apparently, I have never used this expression with him)
Me - "get your feet off the table - we don't put our feet on the table in the house"

(Berry Baby, who feels the need to insert his own two cents, blows a raspberry with pureed squash in his mouth, thus spraying pureed squash about two feet across the table)

Berry Boy, still confused - "Only in the barn?"

Me (trying to keep the look of complete exasperation off my face) - "Yes, only in the barn" (we do not HAVE any such barn...)

I love family life :)
And to respond to Tell Me Tuesday....
A. Attached or Single? Very attached to my fabulous Berry Guy
B. Best Friend? Tough one - I'd like to say God (but you know where I am with that at the moment) so I'll say Berry Guy
C. Cake or pie? Definitely pie if the crust is right and it's warm (mmmmm), otherwise Safeway cake
D. Day of choice? Wednesday - for MOM's coffee time, or Saturday, b/c Berry Guy is home
E.Essential item? Diaper wipes
F. Favorite color? I am also addicted to Green - brown is a close second
G. Gummy bears or worms? Bears
H. Home town? Northern BC - the town sucks but the area is beautiful
F. Favorite indulgence? Starbucks
J. January or July? tough one - January is such a letdown after Christmas, but July is super hot and it's berry season so it's busy...pass
K. Kids? 2 and that's it unless God chooses otherwise ;)
L. Life isn’t complete without? Jesus (ditto)
M. Marriage date? February 19,1999
N. Number of brothers and sisters? 2 brothers 1 sister
O. Oranges or Apples? Crisp Apples
P. Phobias? Spiders and moths
Q. Quotes? "Flailing and thrashing, Buttercup wept and tossed and paced and wept some more, and there have been three great cases of jealousy since David of Galilee was first afflicted with the emotion when he could no longer stand the fact that his neighbor Saul's cactus outshone his own. (Originally, jealousy pertained solely to plants, other people's cactus or ginkgoes, or later, when there was grass, grass, which is why, even to this day, we say that someone is green with jealousy.) Buttercup's case rated a close fourth on the all-time list." - The Princess Bride
R. Reasons to smile? Berry Baby learning to crawl (also a reason for terror)
S. Season of choice? the seasons of transition - Fall first, Spring a close second
T. Tag 5 people: If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged. It is Tell Me Tuesday after all... respond in the comments or backlink to your own blog.
U. Unknown fact about me? I hate berry season
V. Vegetable? Asparagus with creamy sauce (mmmm)
W. Worst habit? ditto the control freak.
X. X-ray or Ultrasound? Ultrasound. (ditto)
Y. Your favorite food? Pepperoni Pizza, extra sauce extra cheese (nachos a VERY close second)
Z. Which zoo animal is your favorite? The wild cats (lions, tigers, etc)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just spewed coffee onto my monitor. That is so.... typically you and Berry Boy. I could literally "hear" your voices. What a riot. Yes, theoretically, if you had a table in your barn, you could put your feet on it Berry Buddy. You crack me up. I'm glad I get to watch you grow up and have you for my prairie boy's bud.

Berry Girl said...

LOL - eeexcellent :) That was the effect I was hoping for (hah!)

Chris said...

I can't help being blown away by the princess bride quote. You, my cultured friend, have many surprised hidden beneath that perfect exterior. Too funny.