Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Hmmmm....Thankful Thursday. This is usually my favorite "day" (blogging-wise) thanks to Prairie Chick, but today I cannot think of anything that I am thankful for. Berry Baby is frustrating me, Berry Boy is talking my ear off about snowmobiles (??? It's SUMMER for heaven's sake), I didn't have a great sleep last night (see Berry Baby), and my coffee is cold.

HOWEVER, as I read Prairie Chick's posting, I kept thinking of parts of Psalm 107 - "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good...And for His wonderful works to the children of men!"
(this is ironic for two reasons - one is that I am thinking of a Bible verse when as you know I haven't really opened my Bible for the longest time; and the other is that the first part of that verse is what we put on our birth announcement cards for Berry Baby, who is the current source of my frustration...)

So, in light of that, I will give thanks anyways. Because as I've said before, thankfulness is one of those things that we mistake for a feeling but is actually a choice (like love, and forgiveness).

I will be thankful for Berry Baby and remind myself that for a long time there was NO Berry Baby and that we prayed earnestly for him.

I will be thankful for Berry Boy and his constant questions and comments, even about snowmobiles in the middle of June, because his mind is growing as is his personality and he is a treasure to me (as is Berry Baby).

I will be thankful that Berry Baby really only woke up once last night, even if it was difficult to get him back to sleep and he ended up waking up WAY too early to start his day, because I can remember the nights when he woke up every hour, and this is a vast improvement.

I will be thankful for microwaves to warm coffee, and for coffee in general (and really, how long does it take to make a fresh pot?).

Mostly, as the Psalm says, I will give thanks to the Lord for his wonderful works to me...He has always provided our needs, He has blessed me with a wonderful husband and two beautiful boys, I have a multitude of great friends surrounding me (literally, they live all around me), and He promises to fill my "hungry soul with goodness".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, many days it's a discipline, but somehow the skies look bluer after it's all said and done don't they? Good job on searching out the good side. Can you give me a berry big kick in the butt so that I will stop procrastinating and get busy with the kazillion things I have to do in the next 2 days?! See you later tonight.