I have a full (and relatively happy) heart this morning. We celebrated Grad last night and it was a special graduation group...all of Berry Boy's "big guy" friends were the graduates. There is a very special group of guys in our church/community who call Berry Boy's name EVERY time the see him, give him high-fives, and generally make him feel like a rock star. This amazes me because these "big boys" are at least 13 years older than my little berry boy. It blesses my mother heart to see my little guy treated with such special attention by guys who are old enough to not be bothered. Berry Boy considers them all "his" friends, and it was a treat to keep him up late so that he could go around with us to the open houses and see "his" friends. I am blessed by the blessing I see on my son. My heart is also full because of the beautiful sound of the rain that I fell asleep to late last night. We have now had more rain in the last 12hours than we have had all spring and summer. What a blessing to us as our berry crop is beginning to take shape. The ground is deliciously soggy, my perrennial flax and snow-in-summer are both bent over from the weight of the raindrops, and everything is taking on that freshly-washed appearance. Not to mention that the light show that accompanied the beginning of the rain was spectacular to say the least. I am blessed by the rain and the evidence of God's care for us.

2 comments:
Ah, so refreshing. Life is good. Wanted to say I'm glad you asked me to lend a helping hand last night. I am loving getting to know you better.
hey..... I didn't know you had started this blog until I found "berry girl" show up on pchick!! You sly dog.... now I have to catch up on your past posts... good thing you just started!
I LOVED that storm... I was even sad that E had gone to bed before the actual show started. I remembered to take my baskets down too... good thing... that was quite a wind!
I do love to watch these enormous guys being so attentive and tender with our diminutive ones. Thanks God for great guys!
Post a Comment