Starting my morning in the city having coffee and a scone with a great friend out on the Starbucks patio* is pretty much my favourite way to start a day. I just wish we’d had more time.
Starting my morning in the city having coffee and a scone with a great friend out on the Starbucks patio* while Berry Baby tries to run into traffic and otherwise infuriate his mother is not as relaxing as one would hope.
Getting my hair cut is my second favourite thing to do in the city.
Getting my hair cut with Berry Baby running around because I forgot the portable DVD player is my 97th favourite thing to do in the city.
Grocery shopping with Berry Baby is rapidly becoming my 1,375th favourite thing to do.
So here is what grocery shopping is like with Berry Baby:
While he’s in the cart, he is using the English Cucumber as a light sabre. He is eating the grapes out of the bag that we haven’t yet paid for, and he is hanging on to the tiny little grape that he found and is calling it his “baby”. He drops his “baby”, and catastrophie ensues. He also rearranges all the groceries so that the heavy can of diced tomatoes can properly crush the bag of Lays.
When he gets out of the cart, he has a “baby” grape and a “daddy” grape, both of whom he is talking to as he runs ahead of me and smacks into the produce guy. He also runs ahead of me yelling “follow me!” and while he’s turning around to make sure that I’m following him he smacks into the dairy case. Repeat.
By the time I have finally wrestled him back into the cart and buckled him in, he is mad and I am sweaty. We stay mad and sweaty until we get through the checkout and back to the car.
The end.
*really just a sidewalk with uncomfortable chairs sitting right on the parking lot
5 comments:
you forgot about the last-ditch effort at sanity- stopping at the starbucks on the way home too... cuz I can't imagine you would have gone without a reward for behaving yourself and using refined language in front of said Berry Baby.
- this made me smile... I'm so sorry.
Shopping with a toddler is on my list of favorite things to do... just above potty training. LOL! Shopping with teens is often just as hard but for a whole list of other reasons. Reasons that all cause me to say something like, "Well, I don't care what (insert name) has/owns/wears/thinks/eats/drinks/buys/plays/watches/listens to (select appropriate option)!"
Glad you at least got a good cup of coffee for the effort!
haha - so shopping with a potty training toddler...yeah, that's high on my list too :)
hey, nice new summery look! Your post... yeah, I don't do city trips with kids anymore, it tended to make me suicidal.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
The parking lot uncomfortable chairs actually made me chuckle more than the toddler shenanigans.
Post a Comment