I set myself a goal on my Garmin Connect page, because it has a “Goals” section and I have to use every available tool on that site simply because it’s there. Because I’m nerdy like that.
So anyway, I set myself a nice little modest mileage goal of 20miles/week. Which should be more than do-able, but with Boot Camp on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I was hoping to hit the week running with a nice solid run on Monday. Today.
Hasn’t happened.
Isn’t going to happen, since it’s now 9:30pm.
I did, believe it or not, contemplate running this morning before work. It was simply gorgeous outside – that lovely cool morning air, no wind, no rain, no clouds. Perfectly pleasant.
Except for the weird animal noise that we heard at 5:00am.
The weird creepy sounded-like-a-child-screaming-noise that we heard at 5:00am. The one that sent Berry Guy shooting out of bed to make sure that one of the boys hadn’t somehow wandered out of the house and become trapped somewhere out in the field near the dugout.
It wasn’t the same, but it reminded me of the *noise* that I heard last summer, while sitting on my peaceful deck, which turned out to be a cougar. I didn’t run outside for a while after I heard that noise last summer, and if I did run outside it was always in town, with friends. And I certainly wasn’t going to run outside this morning after hearing that different-but-stil-really-creepy-noise.
So instead I went to the city and had Parfait* for lunch.
The end.
*You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits. Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait"? Parfaits are delicious. (name that movie)
2 comments:
SHREK.
My fave, "You can't just go cuttin' one off right in front of me. My mouth was hanging open and everything!"
HAhahaha! That's my fave too :)
Post a Comment