Lisa’s husband had met us a couple of times along the course to take pictures, take our jackets from us when we were too hot, and generally cheer us on (and by “us”, I mostly mean Lisa).
He took this fabulous picture of us…
I laugh every time I look at it. I’m not sure I’ve ever looked quite this…goofy? Hilarious. I have no idea what Lisa is pointing at. (Interestingly though, that is the ridiculous smile that I had plastered on my face for the majority of the race.)
He also took these:
I love that second one – we had just cleared the sick hill at the end and were about 100m from the finish line. I love the look on Lisa’s face – she’s so tired, but she’s so thrilled!
I, on the other hand, am doing a retarded two-handed wave. Because that’s what I do, apparently. Look like a dork.
It’s Saturday today, and I have not run a step since this race. I’m kind of missing it, and kind of not. I’m doing a lot of other fun things though, like sitting on a tennis ball to loosen up all those spasmy muscles in my butt. Today I attacked the garden since it wasn’t raining for about ten minutes, and I’m pretty sure my lower back is saying “thank you so much for that” (actually, I think it’s swearing, but I can’t type those kinds of words on my blog…)
I’m still committed to this time off, and I’m doing my physio stuff like a good girl. But I’m totally looking forward to some lovely evening runs with some good friends throughout the summer. Providing, of course, that it can stop raining long enough for us to enjoy the summer.
1 comment:
Bahahahaha.... I love the first picture. Your eyes have a sorta craziness to them. But you guys are cute! I love the one where you're in the distance... it could be in a Runners World mag!
Way to go you guys. Sweet!
Post a Comment