Friday, December 4, 2009

Blah

I find mornings excruciating.  Particularly when Berry Baby feels that 6am is a good wakeup time.  His new morning routine is this – if he wakes anytime before 7am, I take him straight downstairs, put on a kid show, and go back to bed.  I don’t even care what show I put on for him – I’m looking for length here.  3 Franklin stories?  Not long enough.  5 Franklin stories with a bonus Rollie Pollie Ollie?  Perfect. 

You would think that with a tiny bit of extra shuteye, and Berry Guy brewing me some coffee this morning, that I would be much more chipper.  Notsomuch.  There’s just not a lot that can salvage a 6am wakeup, especially when your spouse’s alarm clock then proceeds to go off every 9 minutes for the next hour.

I have an exam coming up next week.  I have yet to finish reading the actual text book.  It’s a correspondence course that I’m taking for work (because they strongly encourage us to do so) and I anticipated it being boring (because they all are) but one whole chapter on electrical safety was enough to make me want to take a drill to my head.  As was the section on fire extinguishers.  And every other section in that book. 

I’m seriously contemplating the fact that I may indeed fail this exam, and I’m not even that concerned about it.  Which is crazy, because I generally loathe the thought of failing at anything, which is why I had a mini-breakdown during my grade 10 Math exam.  I don’t fail tests. Ever.  And yet I really don’t think I could care any less about the possibility of failing this one.

Speaking of failing, I finally managed to get Berry Baby to poo on his potty, but that was on Monday.  Today is Thursday.  5 minutes ago I took him off his potty because nothing was happening, and he promptly pooed in his pullup.  Of course.

Speaking of poo, I set my Christmas tree up last night.  I managed to get the lights onto the tree this year with minimal swearing, and half of them didn’t blank out the second I’d finished getting them on.  However, when I left to go pick up a pizza for supper, the boys and Berry Guy *finished* the decorating by putting Hot Wheels all over the tree.  So in amongst my pretty gold balls and red wooden bead string and little wooden ornaments?

Cars.

Classy. 

100_5505

So I put my new Starbucks Mug tree ornament front and center.  Think I’ll buy me a few more of those to kind of even things out a bit.

100_5514

Merry Christmas to me.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I bought my son one of those ornaments. He's the only other person in this house besides me that enjoys a good cup of coffee. The rest are a bunch of losers in that area.

I like the cars! Maybe you can add planes and trains, too - kind of round out the whole transportation theme you've got going on! LOL

Dawn said...

BTW... you'll find it humorous to know that it actually snowed (big, fluffy flakes) for about 4 minutes here today. Now, it's still just as cold but the sun is shining.

Chris said...

I vote for decorating with fancy running shoelaces in between the pretty wooden beads. Or maybe hang some feminine 'items' from their strings in an attempt to even out the sexes. On second thought, scratch that... cross it out, I mean... that's a touch too far. Better not let me make anymore suggestions.

Tracey said...

Ha, I love the part, "speaking of poo..." which led into your description of the tree. Which didn't really include poo. But kind of did, right.

Suzy said...

I love speaking of poo! (though not of failing)

I can't imagine spending more than 15 seconds learning about fire extinguishers. Though, that might be a wise idea given my history of house fires.

Suzy said...

Chris, brilliant. Tampon trees are where it's at. Too bad those gems of cotton-heaven cost so much.

Mac an Rothaich said...

I saw those Starbucks ornaments the other day and thought they where soooo cute.

As frustrating as it can be for mom's to let kids (and dad's) add to the tree your story really does sound sweet:)

I hear you on the early wake up, you can't get used to it. My man used to do the snooze thing over and over too but I got pretty nasty (it involved kicking him till he fell out of the bed if he hit the snooze button) and he stopped before WW3 started... I don't encourage everyone to use this method of conflict resolution, but it worked for me!

I like mornings, if I have my cup of tea, wake up when I want to and hear no annoying alarms over and over, THAT IS ALL, is that asking too much? Mornings can be so pretty and lovely when they go right and I wanna be a morning person... Perhaps I will be once the kids are teens and want to sleep in and I can dance into their rooms and be annoyingly hyper and cheerful! Think about that and perhaps it will help you feel better too, he he he!