Thanks Prairiechick for this lovely award. And Suzy. And Tracey. Apparently, the rules for accepting this award are to copy and change the answers below to suit you and pass it on. Answers can only be one word! This is difficult for me – I like answering these things but I need more than on word. I’m wordy. What can I say.
1. Where is your cell phone? pocket
2. Your hair? cute
3. Your mother? stressed
4. Your father? stressful
5. Your favorite food? pizza
6. Your dream last night? gone
7. Your favorite drink? triplegrandehalfsweetextrahotcaramelmacchiato :)
8. Your dream/goal? peacefulness
9. What room are you in? livingroom
10. Your hobby? running
11. Your fear? ThePuke
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Here
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something you aren’t? easygoing
15. Muffins? Pumpkin
16. Wish list item? Garmin
17. Where did you grow up? DawsonCreek
18. Last thing you did? phonecall
19. What are you wearing? sweater
20. Your TV? off
21. Your pets? cold
22. Your friends? fabulous
23. Your life? GOOD
24. Your mood? satisfied
25. Missing someone? Jan
26. Vehicle? lots
27. Something you’re not wearing? longunderwear
28. Your favorite store? Gap
29. Your favorite color? Brown
30. When was the last time you laughed? 5min ago
31. Last time you cried? hospital
32. Your best friend? amazing
33. One place that you go over and over? Starbucks
34. One person who emails you regularly? Runner’s World
35. Favorite place to eat? Out.
Ok. So some of those ended up being a little more than one word. I did my best.
Speaking of running…it’s –40C here today with the wind chill. We are running the wood stove flat out and there’s STILL major ice on the windows. And since the wood stove is running, and it’s upstairs, the basement is about 13 degrees. Which is where the treadmill is. 13 degrees is actually pretty nice for running in the basement, you know, once you get going. It’s the “getting going” thing that I’m having trouble with…
I’m planning to run the half-marathon again in Spring, probably just the one in Saskatoon unless I can convince Berry Guy to drag the boys all the way to B.C. for the Langley Historic Half, but that’s looking sketchy. So there will be two to choose from around here – the Brainsport Brainfreeze which is in March, and the Sask. Marathon which is in May. I might do both, we’ll see.
Anyway, my *plan* of maintaining my long runs by running between 7 and 9 miles every other week has kind of fallen by the wayside, as do most good plans. At least, my plans have that tendency. So Saturday I managed to eek out a 7miler on the treadmill while the boys watched kid shows and messed around. 5miles is apparently their personal limit, because things started to degrade rapidly after that point. After a couple of interventions, I just cranked up my iPod so that I couldn’t hear them and just ran. I rocked out to Pat Benetar for the last mile and it was awesome. In fact, for not having done a run longer than 5miles in the last little while, this one felt really, really good. I mean REALLY good. Shockingly good. And it was on the treadmill. And I wasn’t watching anything entertaining. I’m still surprised.
I’m hoping that this kick starts my long runs again, because I hate feeling every year that I’m starting from scratch when I begin my half marathon training. Besides, this year is redemption year. The half marathon last year was a little disappointing, even though it was still a PB. It just wasn’t the PB that I was hoping for. So, hopefully, this year I will redeem myself AND run 2hrs. A girl can dream.
6 comments:
Loved 3&4, 7 (of course) and 27. Looks like you got ambushed on this one... no escape. Bet you thought Nichole forgot.
lol - I was hoping...until I read Tracey's blog post...and Suzy's...and then I realized I'd better get at it (lol)
Ugh. I had all these great things to say about your post and it all fell out of my brain.
I liked the BC part. I'm sad that it looks sketchy.
My favourite was number 21 about your pets being cold. HILARIOUS.
Oh! I know what I was going to say. Your dream of a 2 hour half will become reality, it will! You are simply one of those people who make a goal and then DO it. And you will. You'll do it.
Well, if you DO make it here for the Historic Half, you will be here to witness my FIRST EVER half-marathon!!!!
It's actually a "practice" for the "real" one in May...maybe you can come to the Vancouver Half in May, then...
I think a 2-hour half-M goal is great! My only goal at this point is to finish.
oh Tracey - that's a perfect goal! This will be my 5th half marathon - on my first (and second) my only goal was finishing. In fact, last year was the first year that I put a time-goal on it. All the other ones were about running well, if not fast. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I'd be so excited to see you finish :)
Maybe I'll have to work a little harder on the Big Guy...
LOL at your answers.
i'm the same way about the distances. I plan to run at least one 10 mile run a month to keep my endurance up and then I totally slack if I don't have a training plan.
Post a Comment