Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pee

1006471_toilet

So the upside to peeing and pooing in the potty is, obviously, the reduction in mess.  And Berry Baby has suddenly “got it” and is yelling out “OH! PEE!” and grabbing his bum every time he feels the need to *go*, running to the bathroom in great excitement, actually being dry when we get there, and doing his business on the toilet or the little potty, whichever strikes his fancy at the time, after which there is great rejoicing and clapping of hands.

The downside, and there are a few, is getting all caught up in the great excitement to the point where he will go pee, get off the potty, celebrate, walk out of the bathroom, grab his bum and yell “OH! PEE!”, run back into the bathroom, sit, come out, go back in, sit, have a poo, celebrate, come out, go back in, sit, have another small poo,  celebrate, come out, go  back in, sit, poo a little more, celebrate, come out, go back in, pee, more rolling of eyes celebrating… All. Evening. Long.  Like tonight.  I think he has run back and forth to the potty at least ten times in the last 20min.  To the point where I am no longer putting his little gitch back on him, I’m just letting him run half naked so that every five seconds when he gets the *urge* he can just take his little self back over to the potty.

I’m sure this will pass…eventually.  I’m glad, I really am, that he’s getting the idea and is so happy to do his business on the toilet instead of in his pants.  I just wish he would do it all at once instead of in little bits and spurts (pardon the expression).

Also, because potty training in itself is not enough of a challenge for me, we have also swapped the crib for the toddler bed.  Berry Baby has been jumping into his brother’s bed every single naptime for the last 4 days and has been sleeping in there like a dream.  And also resisting being put in his crib. 

So I bit the bullet and broke out the toddler bed assembly and put it together.  He was thrilled.  So thrilled that when the lights went out and the door closed he promptly got out of his little bed, climbed up onto the small 2-drawer dresser beside the door and began to flick his light on and off repeatedly.  Clickclickclickclickclick…so we would go back in, put him back to bed, close the door, only to be greeted again by that pleasant little clickclickclickclick…

After running through that scam twice and having me move the little dresser away from the light switch, he discovered he knew how to open his door…and you can tell what kind of evening we’ll be having here.

One that involves me dipping into the Toblerone Fudge for stress relief.

Happy Holidays to me…

5 comments:

Chris said...

while I understand the angst all of this 'growing up' causes you, it sure provides great material for blog posts. It will end, in due time... or doo-doo time. couldn't resist.

Mac an Rothaich said...

Happy potty training is better... The new bed story was very funny... Kids are so similar in how they think!

Unknown said...

I love how at that age everything is repeated overandoverandover.

I guess I do that with coffee.

I purposely haven't made your toblerone fudge recipe, and I am positive that this week would be extremely bad timing for me to finally break down and make it, given that I am not running at all.

But I might anyway.

Berry Girl said...

I'm not sure there's *ever* a good time to make that fudge...

Unknown said...

*grin* and thanks for enriching my life with the ability to be distracted by someone else's problems. It makes mine more bearable :) Now, I have to go to bed so I will have energy to deal with any potential potty training problems tomorrow :)