So it turns out that the Chickenpox vaccine is definitely not 100%, because Berry Baby broke out in a smattering of pox exactly 2 weeks after Berry Boy had them. I’m waiting to see just how bad this is going to be – he started with 2 but by the end of the day yesterday he had many many more.
Parenting was not my forte yesterday. I spent the majority of the day glaring at the boys for being stupid acting like caged orangutans, or yelling at them to STOP JUMPING ON THE COUCH ALREADY or to QUIT FIGHTING RIGHT NOW or such things as DON’T BITE YOUR BROTHER and SHARE THE TRUCK WITH HIM ALREADY. It was basically a full day of refereeing, and I wasn’t doing a very good job. I seriously considered looking for a new line of work – one that didn’t involve me acting like a bag. Thankfully, my sister-in-law came out for the evening (the guys were out at a “Sportsman’s Night” in town, having guy time) and we ate buttery popcorn, peanut butter popcorn, Toblerone Shortbread cookies, drank some Starbucks Christmas Blend, and watched a movie that was just funny enough to take away most of my rotten attitude.
Unfortunately, I ate the majority of the peanut butter popcorn. By myself. Sister-in-law was little to no help. Also unfortunate, I ate a few Toblerone cookies. And some of the actual Toblerone. All before my Sister-in-law showed up, because I can’t in good conscience serve cookies if I’m not sure that they taste good, right? And then I had some more cookies while she was here, because it would have been rude to make her eat them by herself, right? RIGHT?
So since I was stuck at home this morning with Berry Baby (who can’t go to the church nursery with his chickenpox) I hauled my butt over to the treadmill for a run. But not before I ate a chunk of Toblerone, you know, for energy. *coughcough* I can justify it by saying that I powered through a 4mile run in 35:36, powered solely by a few cups of Christmas Blend and a chunk of Toblerone, thankyouverymuch.
Still, one of these days I’m going to have to stop eating like a teenager and accept the fact that I’m an adult. But maybe later.
4 comments:
Chocolate and coffee sound like great pre-run fuel to me...
Hope BB feels better quickly.
AH ha ha ha... if I had a nickel for every time I said that (about the teenager diet)... I'd be rich enough to hire a private chef.
I can't believe that about the CP vaccine. Ugh. Greeeat.
oh dear. I'm so glad I don't have all that yumminess (or the pox YET for that mattter) in this house. Glad you had some great girl time with SIL.
Oh boy, we haven't had the chicken pocks here yet...
By the way I regularly suggest to my husband that we trade the kids in on monkeys and some days I mean it more then others... also there have been a few days where I have told him 'that is it I'm gonna go to work and you stay home with them!' He always chuckles at me no matter how much steam there is coming out of my ears!
Post a Comment