Friday, November 27, 2009

Potty Training, In Which Berry Baby Continues To Elude His Mother

100_5444

Potty training stinks.  Literally, as well as figuratively.

If I am vigilant, I can keep the little stinker in a dry pull-up all day.  I cannot, however, catch him when he poos.  Ever.

If I hear him farting and whisk him off to the toilet, and let him sit there for over 20 minutes reading to him and trying to keep him entertained, he will not poo in the toilet but will instead wait until I am frustrated enough to give up and let him go, at which point he will fill his pants not even 5 minutes after I have conceded defeat.

Like right now.

Since he was farting away, I put him on the toilet and proceeded to read “Barnyard Dance” to him 14 times while he farted occasionally.  After the 14th reading of “Barnyard Dance”, he took the book to look at it himself and promptly dropped in in the toilet, which as yet had no pee or poo in it, but is sufficiently disgusting in its clean state for me to have to throw the book away.  So we moved on to “Opposites” and “Snuggle Puppy”, and bribery with mini marshmallows.  Five readings and six marshmallows later, he got off the toilet, sat down on his little potty from Ikea and proceeded to pee, but not poo.  And now that I have conceded defeat after half an hour of toilet sitting, and have given him back his pants, he will now proceed to poo in his pull-up because I am distracted by supper and this post.

Stinker.

3 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Ah, the joys of potty training! Such fun. I'm so glad that's a stage I'll never have to see again.

MCM Mama

Suzy said...

Poo. Kids don't like to see a "part of themselves" leave their bodies and be flushed away into oblivion. It's sad for them.

They would much rather have it smeared all over their bottoms, stuck inside their diapers. 'Cause *that* makes sense.

That's a crappy situation.

Tracey said...

HAHAHA!

I feel so much better now.

Sorry it took me so long to read your blog posts!