Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Six

100_5415

We’ve finally rounded the corner from Birthday Week – Berry Boy had a birthday last Monday, followed by Berry Baby on Saturday, and Berry Guy the following Monday.  In related news, I will be breaking out my maternity pants to accommodate my expanding hips and waistline.  And I’m not pregnant.

Anyway.  Somehow, Berry Boy has managed to get increasingly taller and older, in spite of numerous orders to stop growing already accompanied by many warnings as to what his getting older and bigger is going to do to his poor mother’s heart.

Kids these days.  They just don’t listen.

I find it remarkable that he can look so much older in one moment, and then still seem so small and cute the next.  When I watch him playing with his friends or his little brother, he seems so big.  And then I see him in his helmet and goggles on his little dirt bike, and he seems so little again.  I’m not so sure I’m going to survive this whole motherhood thing.

Berry Boy really wanted a Transformers birthday party, so we invited some friends over and played party games like Stomp The Balloon, and Transformer Tag…

100_5408

Then he opened his gifts…

100_5419

and ate his Transformers ice cream cake (because I was too lazy to figure out how to decorate a Transformers birthday cake, and let’s face it, there’s nothing like ice cream cake…)

100_5425    100_5424

I think a good time was had by all.  And the ice cream cake sure helps to ease the mother’s pain.

Sure isn’t helping my jeans fit though…

4 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Happy birthday to your October guys! We have one more birthday to go here (on Halloween). I hear you on the pants issue...

Suzy said...

Yay Transformer cake! Yay Stomp the Balloon! Yay Berry Boy!!

Ahh... what fun. It is hard though eh? Especially when they get to the point where they like to do their own hair in the morning before school, or pick out their new cool clothes. What happened to their spidey jam jams? *sniff* It all goes so fast...

Berry Girl said...

HAHA! - Spidey jam jams...that reminds me of a story.

I got BBoy some Spider Man jammies, which he was totally psyched about until it was bedtime. Then he told me that he didn't want to wear them because he was afraid of Venom. I told him "You ARE aware that you aren't *actually* Spider Man..." He kind of looked at me blankly, like he had no idea what I was talking about...ah, where do those times go...

Suzy said...

Hee hee ho ho ha ha!!! That's hilarious.