In honor of Thanksgiving and stuffing smothered in gravy and pumpkin pie and whipped cream and chocolate cheesecake, I have not done a single run. I wanted all that Thanksgiving deliciousness to settle appropriately on my butt and thighs.
I managed a stress-reducing 7mile long run in between phone calls from my siblings on Sunday, but then did not manage to get in my recovery run on Monday. It’s my new *thing* that I’m trying – taking off the day before the long run, doing the long run, and then the day after doing an easy paced recovery run. Apparently, it’s supposed to help recovery/muscle soreness/etc. I’m game. But it didn’t happen last week or this week, so back on the wagon for this week I guess.
Anyway, I was going to run last night, but was just too tired after being in a seminar all day long, then trying to work out travel details all evening (to go see my Dad). Sounds like I will fly out on Friday and be back home on Monday, when I will only have to (1) immediately celebrate in some way Berry Boy’s 6th birthday; (2) take off to the church to speak at a bridal shower; (3) then plan Berry Boy’s “friend” Transformer Birthday Party, Berry Baby’s 2nd birthday party, and Berry Guy’s 40-somethingish birthday party. I’m already exhausted.
So it was back on the treadmill this morning to burn off a bit of the stress – short notice travel, leaving the boys for 4 days, letting Berry Guy be in charge – I hammered out some 800m repeats this morning and it did the job. I feel better.
Before that though, I spent a little time with my Bible, and that added much peace to my spirit. I may need to do more of both by the end of the day…
2 comments:
Your October sounds a lot like mine. Crazy!
love ya. hope the stress levels come down and you keep your chin up. praying for you.
Post a Comment