So I went to the city today for my pre-Thanksgiving shopping spree and finally remembered to bring in the two pairs of pants that I wanted to get altered. These are pants that fit perfectly out of the wash, but as soon as you sit down in them they bag out uncontrollably. I was hoping that if I got them taken in at the waist a little they would wear better.
Anyway, I took them to the lady in the Mall that I always take stuff to, and she measured me and told me how skinny I was for having had a baby (who is 2...but I wasn't going to argue with blatant flattery), marked off my pants and wrote up the bill.
When I went to the counter to pre-pay for the pants, her assistant punched in the total on the debit machine and handed it to me. At which point I almost dropped the debit machine in shock and horror.
She was going to charge me $49.80 to nip in the waist of two pairs of my pants. Seriously? That's more than I paid for both pants combined. One pair I picked up at The Gap on sale, and the other were from Superstore (don't judge - they're the most awesome pair of plaid casual-dress pants ever).
After I stopped hyperventilating I handed the debit machine back to the lady and told her that it was way too much and thank you anyway and I would just take the pants somewhere else. And by somewhere else, I meant home.
For $49.80, I will just buy new pants. Or a belt.
Besides, it's Thanksgiving this weekend, and by *this* weekend I mean *all* weekend, and I just made a large batch of those Crack Cocaine cookies that I mentioned yesterday, so by Tuesday those pants should be just about perfect.
Speaking of cookies, so far this afternoon I have eaten 4* of those babies, and not 4 small cookies but 4 pumpkin-shaped cookies, which would equal about 8 of the smaller ones...the first 2 were just because I wanted them, and the second two I'm going to call "fuelling up for my run" *cough cough*.
(*this total does not include the cookies that I ate for breakfast...)
and on to the list...
18. For pants that are too big
19. For my Quad Grande Americano Misto that I enjoyed during my surprisingly stress-free** time at the mall this morning
(**excluding, obviously, the panic attack at the seamstress shop)
20. For good advice from good friends - Chris, I *do* believe we have solved the computer-after-school issue, and you, my friend, are a genius, and I'm not just saying that.
21. For the start of Small Group last night, and getting together with good friends who care for us and who we care for, and for visiting and laughing and telling stories and sharing and eating really deadly chocolate/caramel cookies and chips with fresh salsa
2 comments:
Umm... a link to the cute plaid superstore dress pants please...
Although, last time you raved about a pair of pants, I went out and bought them and I looked horrific in them. Obviously, two different body types.
How did you solve the computer problem? I'm curious.
I'm not sure I could find a link to those pants - I got them last year.
The computer problem - Chris suggested that we take the calendar and let him pick two (or how ever many) days where he could have his computer time. So we did - he picked his two days, and it TOTALLY worked for us. He stopped asking the second he walked in the door, because he knew he couldn't play until his day. Beautiful.
Post a Comment