I know, it’s cliché. But I find that as much as I have always felt like I’ve been pushing Berry Boy to make the next stage, I just as much am trying to hold Berry Baby in his current stage.
With Berry Boy, I was always eager for the next thing – we *taught* him to crawl, we encouraged walking, I couldn’t wait for the talking, I was super excited to send him to preschool, Kindergarten, hockey…you get the drift. Each new stage was (and still is) exciting to me.
With Berry Baby, I find myself just wanting him to stay. Stay chubby. Keep the toddler belly. Always sound as cute as you do right now. Always give me that impish little look. Always raise the inflection in your voice by three to five octaves as what you’re saying becomes more and more important to say. Always ask to hold my hand everywhere, and at all times, even when I’m driving the car and you’re in the backseat. Always tell me you “wuv” me and say “I just wike you Mom” as you rest your head against my leg. Always tell my you need “much and much” juice/icing/cookies/etc. Always be infatuated with Buzz Lightyear. Always say “chwockwat” instead of “chocolate”.
*sigh*
As I look back on his year, from 2 to turning 3, I’m still surprised at how much his face is changing and how he is growing…
He loves helmets and goggles…
he’s potty trained…
he still loves his teddy…
he had some awesome bedhead…
and then a haircut…
he learned some soccer skillz…
and rode dirt bike
And now, he’s a 3yr old.
A lightsaber wielding ice-cream cake eating 3yr old.
Excuse me while I cry.
2 comments:
Ohhhhhhh!!!!! Good post! What a cutie. I love that he holds your hand in the car! Happy Birthday Berry Baby!
Really cute pics, especially bed-head.
Hurray for 3-year-olds!
Post a Comment