This morning, immediately after breakfast as I was frantically racing around the kitchen trying to get my stuffing started for the turkey we will be eating later, Berry Baby announced to me that he “*needed* some cookie”.
It was 7:30am.
I immediately replied with a firm “no” adding that we “do not have cookies in the morning”.
I said this, with great sincerity, not ten minutes after I had stood at the counter with my back to the kids who were eating breakfast at the table and furtively “slammed” a Tim Tam* with my coffee.
*cough cough*
For those who might be unfamiliar, a Tim Tam is a cookie. A super amazing wafer cookie covered in chocolate. The ones that I have also have a ribbon of caramel in the middle.
Basically, you bite off small pieces of the opposite corners of the cookie, dunk one end in your coffee and suck the coffee up through the cookie. As soon as the coffee hits your mouth (through the cookie) you slam the entire thing into your mouth. The inside of the cookie has melted but not the chocolate (yet) and the caramel is soft and chewy.
Basically, heaven.
So apparently, we *do* have cookies in the morning. At least, some of us do.
Don’t tell my kids.
*when I visited that link (and btw – was surprised that there was an actual Wiki article about this) I found it funny that the company used “Tim Tam Suck” in an advertising campaign. Don’t know about you, but that doesn’t sound HALF as appealing as a slam…
3 comments:
Lol, great article.
I love those cookies! Buy them too and have a very hard time sharing them with the kids... I keep justifying it by saying 'they are meant to be eaten with coffee and you CAN NOT have coffee soooo....'
Hmmm... I'm going to have to see if I can find those cookies down here. Sounds like the perfect breakfast to me!
Will trade Texas coffee for cookies! LOL
Ummm.... WHAT?!?!?! How have I never eaten one of these???? Running out the door now to find them.
Post a Comment