Thursday, November 4, 2010

Memory Lane…

First of all, I need to clarify that I do NOT make a habit of watching Oprah.

HOWEVER.

I happened to tune in today about halfway through the show and I nearly had a heart attack (in a good, ohmygoodnessIcan’tbelieveit kind of way) when she brought out SHAUN CASSIDY.

SHAUN CASSIDY!!!

Mr. Hardy Boys!  Da Doo Ron Ron!!!

I have to tell you, I felt like I was 9 years old again having my first crush of all time.

I loved him.  LOVED him.  I had this record…

6a00d8341c56de53ef00e54f0b299b8833-800wi

and I had a poster that looked something like this that I stared at A LOT:

shauncassidy002

and I swooned while watching him and Parker Stevenson play the Hardy Boys:

images

Seriously, it was the BEST trip down memory lane I’ve ever had.  I had completely forgotten about him, but when they played his greatest hits I knew EVERY song and I kept saying “oh YEAH!!  I remember that one!…”

It was SO. MUCH. FUN.

Gushingly yours and showing my age,

Berry Girl

6 comments:

Suzy said...

I...er...umm...don't even know where to start or what to say...

I have a bit of a "no" feeling.

LOL!!!

Chris said...

I got nothin. Nothing. You are officially old.

Dawn said...

I'd say you were old... but I fear I might be older. And, I remember the feeling, even though I was more of a Parker fan.

Suzy said...

I hung a picture of Michael W. Smith on my wall and kissed it every night. There. Do you feel not quite as loser-ish? Cuz there's nothing like having a Christian dude who is married with 4 children watching me sleep. And I'm pretty sure I was 12. This is ALL so wrong. So, so wrong.

Berry Girl said...

oh, I loved him too :) I know, I'm a total loser. I'm LOSING it laughing over the fact that his hit song was "Da Doo Ron Ron" - seriously? what does that even MEAN??? And the lyrics are nothing short of sheer cheeziness, and yet I get all smiley and I sing along when I hear it (lol)

I guess it helped that my sister is 8 years older than me. That must have been where I got it all from...

Tracey said...

I had a huge poster of Tom Selleck in my room for a while. One of my high school teachers said that we could decorate his classroom with anything we wanted, so in came Tom Selleck to my Humanities class. Embarrassingly cheesy.