Returning to routine – school days, work days, consistent wake-up times, lovelovelove.
The way the air smells like harvest.
The cooler but still comfortable temperatures.
Wearing great sweaters but still with flip flops.
Cold snaps at night = dead mosquitoes.
Fewer moths.
Routine.
Hot coffee tastes better (as if this were possible) when it’s cooler out.
Hot Chai.
Moths. Less of them.
Routine.
Running outside - it’s less humid and cooler, which is perfection. I can wear my favourite Lululemon long sleeved running shirt but still with my favourite shorts.
Watching the train of massive combines and tractors and grain trucks drive past our house.
Smelling the wheat chaff in the air from said combines.
The dying moths.
Riding in the swather and grain truck with Berry Guy (he’s helping with harvest this year).
Moths. Dead.
Ah Fall, where have you been all my summer….
5 comments:
Love. it.
He he, where have you been all my summer, love that:) I love this season too, it is so reasonable compared to the heat of summer and the wind and chill of winter.
This post actually made me sigh! We're not there yet - still 90's (F) in the day and 70's at night. But I'm hopeful it will be here soon.
Be blessed!
I like dead moths.
The nice thing about seasons is that I am quite ready for the next one as each one goes by.
It seems to be more pronounced between Winter and Spring, and between Summer and Fall.
Post a Comment