I love how we don’t realize how much we rely on something until we don’t have it anymore. Things like water, or electricity, or, today, sewer. Or more appropriately, working sewer. Like, sewer that doesn’t back up into your furnace room because your sewer tank is too full. Which you only find out because you have 320 bazillion loads of laundry to do today, and the house started to smell funny after the first load.
I had a long list of chores to do today – things like the 320 bazillion loads of laundry (needs the sewer to be working), doing the dishes (that water drains into the sewer), showering after my run (sewer), flushing the toilet (sewer). I suddenly feel like my hands are tied.
So I’ve called the sewage and septic sucking services guy (can you name that tv show??), who never answers his phone but requires everyone to leave messages, which means that I have no idea when he might actually make it out to our farm to suck all the crap (literally – haha!) out of our septic tank.
Until then, I guess I’ll be stinky and sweaty, in dirty clothes, and with a messy house.
At least I can still vacuum the floors. Yay.
2 comments:
Well, that just stinks! (Sorry! Couldn't resist.)
I'd invite you over to shower and do laundry at my house. But, well... by the time you get here your tank will probably be fixed. And the fact that you'd have to step over my bazillion loads of my laundry to get to my laundry room.
Hope the plumber arrives with the appropriate sucking devices and gets your tank cleaned out so you can get on with your to-do list.
Ew. I missed this post! I kinda wished I hadn't found it. LOL! Just kidding.
I feel really badly for you. Blech.
Post a Comment