I’m listening to Berry Boy and Berry Baby playing with their two friends, and they’re going to *play* Star Wars, but first they have to determine who is going to be which character, what colour their light sabres are going to be, etc etc etc…
Friend 1 - “I’m going to be Luke, but not with his hand cut off…”
Berry Boy - “Right, and except with the green light sabre. And I’m going to be Anakin, ‘cept not with my arm cut off.”
Friend 2 (obviously concerned about the apparent losing of body parts) - “I’m going to be Yoda. He doesn’t have anything cut off.”
Berry Boy – “ And let’s be bad guys, except we’re good. And then we can have red light sabres.”
Berry Baby - “I’m ‘Soka.” (leave it to the little guy to chose a girl character…")
This goes on and on, for about 15 minutes, all this decision making. By the time they’ve finished hashing out the details, I’m exhausted from just listening to it. They go outside, play, and come in 3 minutes later because they’re done and now they’re going to play Lego.
Apparently, all the fun is had in the details.
1 comment:
I love it!!
All the fun to be had is in the details. What a great line!
Post a Comment