That pretty much sums up my run today. A major suck-fest. It was super windy, and cold, and (would you believe) SNOWING? As I drove into town to run with my fast friend Machon I saw the snowflakes get bigger and thicker and I couldn’t quite believe that we were actually going to run 6 miles. In that. But we did.
I ran it – it wasn’t pretty, but I ran it. With a recovering infection and a new head cold, I ran it. In the wind. And the cold. And the snow. The cold, blowing, snow. Seriously. It’s April, isn’t it?
Anyway, I kind of fell off the half-marathon training program (and I mean “training program” in the loosest sense of the term) and should have really kicked out a 10miler today, but as things stood I was surprised I ran at all. So I’ll take 6 miles, thankyouverymuch.
The good part was that I got to test drive my new Garmin 405! EEEK!! So excited to have this! And it was every bit as fabulous as I had hoped. Except that it didn’t make me faster. I really thought it would make me faster. Not really, but one can always hope, right? It was so cool to have real time info on my pace and distance, which is what I have always loved about running on the treadmill. I was surprised at parts when I was running sub-9min/mile pace, and not surprised at the parts where I was running more than a 10min/mile pace.
Then, I got to upload my workout to the Garmin site, and that was super cool too!
LOOK!!! It shows the route that we ran, all my info (time, distance, etc), the elevation gains:
and then all my mile splits, along with a pace chart and an elevation chart:
AND THEN! I can watch my run happen – it moves a button through the route map while a bar moves across my pace chart, so I can see exactly where I had trouble and where I sped up, etc etc.
I realise this is probably only fascinating to me, but it’s just so cool! Feeling very blessed by my fabulous husband.
2 comments:
Dude, you guys had a great pace! I have to admit, this chart stuff fascinates me too. I get tired just looking at it.
Silly me... when you mentioned getting a Garmin on FB... well, being the me that I am, I naturally assumed you meant one for your automobile. My comment, "I love my Garmin!" was accurate - but I love mine in my car, not strapped to my wrist. LOL
Post a Comment