Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Things that Men Should Not Say to Their Wives For Fear of Being Grossly Misinterpreted

#1. “Are you going to go for a run today?”

this means: “you really look fat like you need to go for a run today”

 

#2. “How far did you run?” followed by “That’s all?”

this means: you did not run far enough to run off the ice cream I saw you scarfing down earlier

 

#3.  “Have you showered yet” (when you have just stepped out of the shower and have blow-dried your hair nicely)

this means: I look as bad freshly cleaned as I do not freshly cleaned

 

#4.  “Are you wearing that to church?”

no mistake here – he just hates the outfit

 

#5.  “Is that all we’re having for supper”

this means: “you have grossly underplanned our meal” or “am I really going to have to eat that”

 

I will now excuse myself to eat chocolate smothered ice cream.

thank you.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Poor guy. I can't stop giggling. Were these really all in one day? Cuz that would constitute reason enough for the whole dang pail. Ouch.

You're doing just fine, save a teensy bit too much estrogen in the diet... ease off and you'll be just fine. Putting clean clothes on and sitting in your garden with two tonka trucks and a drippy ice cream cone should even the hormones out a bit... guess who I learned that one from?

Dawn said...

Poor, poor man. You've been married how long? Long enough that he should know better, I'm sure. He's dug himself quite a hole.

To the "Are you going to wear that?" question... I think that warrants you doing a little shopping. You know, to do him a favor so you don't have to wear that offensive outfit anymore! Ha!

Blessings!

Berry Girl said...

lol - thankfully, this was not all in one day, although the running comments have been frequent as I'm in "taper" mode and running less for the lead up to the marathon.

as for the outfit - that is specific to my sassy new "wrap" sweater that I picked up at the Gap a few weeks ago...apparently not his favorite thing (lol)
10 years Dawn, and still...

Suzy said...

AHH ha ha ha I love this post. So hilarious.