Saturday, May 22, 2010

Need for Speed

Last year we bought Berry Boy a tiny little dirt bike for helping out during berry season.  He liked riding it, but didn’t like riding it alone, so Berry Guy picked up another dirt bike for me (because, as you know, I have never in my life sat on a dirt bike I am totally a hard core dirt bike rider.

*cough cough*

This year, Berry Guy decided that Berry Boy needed a little more challenge, so he converted a portion of the field in front of our house into a dirt bike track.  With jumps.  And hills.  And it’s right out in full view of my living room picture window so that I can fully appreciate all the carnage from my couch.

Excellent.

Now, I have to confess, Berry Boy told me that he was totally getting *air* off this one little jump that they had made.  And I nodded and smiled and said “that’s great!” while totally thinking that *air* meant his front tire maybe cleared the ground by an inch or two for a second or so.

So when I finally went out with the camera and captured this…

100B5970

and this…

100B5971

and this…

100B5961

I was, as you can well imagine, terrified surprised.  The kid totally wasn’t lying when he said he was getting *air*.

I’m going to need an AED.

6 comments:

Chris said...

a ha ha ha ha ha... yes, you will. And now that you've gone over the course yourself, you will be doing it with absolute confidence in about 13 more rounds or so. Then you too, will get air. And not off that little jump. The big one. Like me. :D

Jake said...

Suh WEET.

Suzy said...

So, I accidentally forgot to sign out of my son's gmail account before I commented.

Berry Girl said...

LOLOL - I was wondering who the heck "Jake" was and why he was stalking my blog (lololol)

Tracey said...

Weird - I knew who Jake was before I read Suzy's explanation.

But what I was going to say, was, can I come over? When's my turn?!

Unknown said...

Wahoo! Our boys are so lucky they get to boys. I want to raise three little Bryces all the way :)

I can't imagine the stories we will have to tell 20 years from now. I'm not sure I want to.