I’ve been potty training Berry Baby off and on for a little while now. At one point a few months ago, he totally had it cased. He was telling me every time he had to pee or poo, was holding it until he got to the bathroom, and was totally dry and clean for about a week.
And then, one fateful Sunday, he peed his pants so many times that I had to do laundry just so that he would have something to wear the next day.
And just like that, he was so done with it. Like peeing and pooing in the toilet was so last week. Apparently, the novelty had worn off and he had better things to do.
So I sighed, and went back to putting him in pullups to minimize the carnage.
But this weekend, I thought hey, I will have three full days at home with him this week. That would be a perfect time to really hammer home the potty training, right? Right. So I started Operation Pullups Are Only For Bedtime, or OPAOFB, otherwise known as It’s Gitch or Bust.
We had a little talk about how pullups are only for bedtime now, and that he would be wearing big boy underwear like his brother, so he should call me when he feels pee or poo is going to come out and we should run to the potty.
“Oh! Okay!” he said enthusiastically. And then he pooped in his underwear about 30minutes later.
So day 1 was kind of a bust, but I managed to get him on the toilet for all of his pees even though he refused to tell me that he had to go.
Day 2 I had to go to physio at 9am. He peed on the potty at 8am, I got us both dressed and packed some plastic bags and a change of clothes for him, since we were also going to head to the city right after my appointment. I figured he would be fine until my appointment was done.
I was wrong.
Which meant that I hadn’t even left town yet, and I was already into his extra clothes. And yes, he had crapped his pants again.
Super.
Day 3 was today. It’s 8:30am, and I have already had to rinse poo out of underwear. Already. At 8:30am.
Awesome.
4 comments:
Would you hate me if I admit that I chuckled at several points in your post?
Yes?
Ok... I did NOT chuckle at any time while reading your post.
Really.
(Sorry.)
I have no wise words.
I have no suggestions.
I do have very,
very,
very
addictive cookies.
They alleviate some of the frustration.
Sometimes.
I have more.
I believe Chris has the solution.
To every problem to known to woman.
Oh, my! So hilarious! Screaming hilarious, because, I am in the middle of Operation Pottypants, myself.
Thank you thank you thank you so much, for being frustrated, and horrifically grossed-out, and exasperated. It makes me feel so much better!
It's so funny - we are in a different stage, "Pull-ups are only for daytime."
Post a Comment