Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Defeated

samp62ec020ddff9f3cd

No running and no chocolate make Berry Girl irritable and twitchy.

No running, because the hip was out again at my second physio appointment yesterday.

No chocolate, because of the above problem.  We like to see the scale stay where it is if it will not be showing decreasing numbers.  If I’m not running, then I’m not burning extra calories, and then I’m potentially getting larger.  So no chocolate.  Or, at least, less chocolate.

*sigh*

I already took a week off running due to a chest cold, and was itching to get back to it this week.  And then I went to physio, and wouldn’t you know it, the hip is out again.  Not quite as bad as last time, but enough that Physio Girl *suggested* that I not run for a while.

Then Suzy had to go and corroborate that advice, and so I’m obediently NOT running or taking the stairs two at a time or doing lunges or any other large movement that might possibly involve my hips, so as to give the hip time to settle into it’s new happy place.

I think I’ll have to go re-read Suzy’s posts of things-to-do-while-not-running…

6 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Bummer! When I can't run or eat decadent stuff, I tend to drink a LOT of coffee. ;o)

Hope it settles into place quickly.

Chris said...

heh heh... I'll be good and just shut up here...

sorry you're in mental anguish over your physical pitfalls... you didn't mention any harm in taking comfort from friends, coffee and icing... must be none. Come over.

Teamarcia said...

Just found your blog. Sorry to hear about the hip! And I'd love to hear what you think of Run Less Run Faster!

Dawn said...

See... I knew it!!! All that running is just BAD for you! LOL

Seriously, very sorry your hip is out and you can't do an activity you enjoy. I agree with the others... I think this calls for coffee and more coffee.

Praying you're better very soon!

Tricia said...

I'm one week in to a 6 week running hiatus. (stress fracture in ankle) I'm trying not to lose my mind. :) Thanks for the heads up on Suzys post-I'm heading off to read it!

Suzy said...

Cuh-RAP. Poor you *petting head*...

You're lucky to have Chris around though... she seems to know what to do.