Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things to note

1003094_pinboard

The “boneless chicken wings” at Wendy’s are really just glorified chicken nuggets with gobs of sauce, and they don’t taste nearly as good as they look in the pictures.

After a steady diet of Starbucks, a Tim Hortons Iced Capp doesn’t quite cut it and verges on disappointing.  Yes, I have ruined myself.

I got my hair cut and highlighted, and I can count on 4 fingers the number of people who have noticed.  This means that (a) it is a truly horrible haircut and no one wants to tell me; (b) the change is not obvious enough; or (most likely) (c) it’s really only important to me.

After months and months of not sleeping through the night, Berry Baby finally did sleep through the night, and then didn’t again.  Which only serves to (a) make me realize how wonderful a full night’s sleep is, and (b) make me miss it all the more.  However, it does indicate that we are on the right path, intervention-wise.

I am ever so thankful for my treadmill, without which I would not be able to train for the ever so hilly Elkridge 10k that’s coming up in 2 weeks, because where I live is decidedly un-hilly.  And, would you believe, I finally had a good run…on my treadmill.  Hill repeats have never felt so good – I was motivated, I ran hard, and I felt amazing after.

I think Fall is my favorite season ever.  I love the crispness in the air, and I love watching harvest happen.  All those swathers cutting down the crops, all the nice, symmetrical swaths laying in the fields, watching the combines come along and eat up the fluffy swaths of canola, the pattern that the harrows make after they’ve “combed” the cut fields…and I get to cut back all the perennials in my flower beds and make everything that is now overgrown look neat and tidy again.  It soothes my OCD sense of organization and order.

I read an article about weight and runners, and I apparently need to lose about 12lbs so that I am no longer classified as a “Clydesdale”.  Yes.  Apparently, I’m a horse.  A Clydesdale is defined as a *heavier* runner, and for women that apparently starts at 135lbs.  SERIOUSLY?  I dream of weighing 135lbs – it’s not happening, and I am apparently a *heavier* runner.  I’m appropriately disgusted.

Finally, to the Starbucks barista on 2nd who had the misfortune of serving me my drink no less than three times because he at first made a mocha instead of a macchiato, and then forgot the extra shot of espresso, and then finally got it all right (triple grande, half sweet, extra hot, low fat), I’m so, so sorry, I’m really not that high maintenance…oh wait.  Yes I am.  Never mind.

8 comments:

Suzy said...

Let's see the hair cut! My cat Steps got a hair cut today. I will post pictures for sure.

Cool about the sleep.

And the other stuff that I can't remember. It was a really good post though. Really. I'm just distracted by the fact that I am classified as a horse as well.

Wait 'till Tracey reads that part. She's gonna fuh-REEK.

MCM Mama said...

I'm a big fan of fall as well. It's just beginning to get nice here.

Totally LOL at your coffee addiction.

Yay for sleep, hope it keeps coming. My kids have given up sleep for the moment, so I'm pretty exhausted. Ah well, sleep is for the weak...

Dawn said...

Well, where's the picture of the new cut? How can I notice from all the way down here if you don't post a picture???

Good news about the sleep. I'm sure more sleep-filled nights are on their way.

Guess I'm a horse, too. But a healthy horse according to one of your earlier posts. (You know, the one about eating cheesecake being as good as a run!)

The barista story... LOL!!! Yes, that would be me, too. They always mess up my extra hot. I mean, come on... if I wanted anything other than extra hot, I'd order an iced coffee!

Unknown said...

please tell me that you didn't have that cut when you were over the other day??? I noticed today, how could I not have noticed then? Although, admittedly, when you showed up at breakfast I still wasn't really awake yet, and when you showed up at lunch I was more than a little distracted, so... if I didn't FORGIVE ME and I'm mortified. But I noticed so well today that I didn't even recognize you... seriously convinced that whoever that was walking towards me in the mall was a dead ringer for you... but NOT you. Too funny. And since I actually had an hour to kill in that mall waiting for Rebecca to get out of the dentist I indulged in a Buckies drink and thought of you. Sweet.

Berry Girl said...

lolol - yes, it was already cut on Wednesday when I was over, however I thought you had said something about it at the baby shower, so I was including you in my list of 4 people *grin*

And when I saw you at the mall I had just gotten in re-cut, partly because of the underwhelming response to the first. Actually, I was having coffee with Denise, and I asked her what she thought of the cut, and she said "well, this isn't how you would normally style it, right?" and I said quickly "oh, no, of course not" and immediately called my hairdresser for another appointment. And now it looks cuter. I'll think about posting a picture...maybe...

Unknown said...

oh, phew. I had noticed THAT cut at the shower, I told you... you looked glamorous. I really liked it. This one looks cute too... you always look cute. Just glad I wasn't so spaced out as to not notice THIS the other day.

Tracey said...

Trying not to freak. I'm just clop-clopping along. Okay I'm freaking. CLOMP CLOMPING my heaving flanks and foaming at the bit in my mouth.

I, too, am getting my hair re-modeled. Cut, colour, foils. It's all going to happen on Monday. I *was* going to keep it a secret...but, I guess not NOW!

Any suggestions for colour? Right now it's plain dark brown with lots of grey hiding underneath.

Berry Girl said...

would those be grey highlights? (lol) I found a couple of greys myself the other day and freaked out.

nice imagery there with the bit and the foam. good job ;)