Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mojo is still gojo.

606744_running_shoes

So I have this goal of running 20miles each week, and/or getting in a minimum of 4 runs/week.

Two weeks ago, I ran 3miles.  Once.

Last week, I ran 3 times, with a total of 13miles.

You can see how well this has been going.

 

This week, I have run twice.  For a total of 8miles.  So last night I figured I should get in a hill run, since the 10k is coming up and it’s ridiculously hilly.  10 kilometers of short, steep hills.  At least it’s pretty.

So first I thought it would be more fun to just run with a friend.  But it got late, and the sun set, and it was windy.

So then I thought I would just suck it up and do the hill run on my treadmill.  But I was incredibly tired and had a headache.

So instead I stood at the kitchen counter and ate Saskatoon Berry Cheesecake directly out of the pan.

Yeah.  That’s about the same as running 5miles.

*sigh*

4 comments:

Dawn said...

That's the same as running 5 miles???

Gosh... I must be in better shape than I thought! LOL

Unknown said...

ah girl... I know you aren't going to like this advice, but I'm gonna give it anyway. Don't sweat it. Getting yourself all worked up about not making an ideal is self defeatist. Forget all the goals you haven't met and take it one day at a time, and take things in stride. This is just one area of the many areas of your life to seek balance in, so don't obsess. Make it a priority, but take one day at a time, when you CAN, lace up those spankin' new shoes and enjoy the opportunity that you have today. Don't worry about yesterday and don't worry about 20 miles... just do what you can, TODAY. One day at a time with blinders on and the bigger more long term picture will take care of itself. That's the truth. And don't allow yourself to fret any more about your physical health than you do about your emotional/mental/spiritual. They are all vital to our well being.

There. That's my Saturday soap box, take it or leave it! :P

Suzy said...

I'll go with what Prairie Chick said. And Dawn too for that matter. Amen.

MCM Mama said...

Man, if I had a cheesecake at my house, I'd make the same choice!

I agree with the others - run when you can and be happy when you make it out there.