Friday, August 7, 2009

Points to Ponder

I keep thinking that I should be able to drop 5lbs no problemo.  Problem is, I do this thinking while eating a marshmallow cookie.  And/or a Crispy Crunch.  And/or drinking Pepsi.  I have no idea where the problem is.

It takes me approximately 5 minutes to boil water for my coffee press, and an additional 4 minutes to brew the coffee in said press.  I give the sorters 10 minutes for coffee break.  I’m going to have to start giving them longer breaks.

Berry Boy asked me why I was wearing my hat, and I told him it was because I had bad hair.  Later after supper, I took my hat off and he said “Hoch, you DO have bad hair…”  (thaaaanks)

Yesterday morning I was ignoring Berry Baby and continuing to snooze as he called yelled from his crib, when I was brought back to consciousness by Berry Boy yelling “I CAN’T SLEEP WITH BERRY BABY MAKING ALL THAT NOISE” over and over and over.

I am at the point (again, yes, I’m sure you’re all sick of hearing it) where I would give almost anything for a solid night’s sleep.  Almost. Anything.  Including, but not limited to, non-essential body parts.  I’m getting really tired.

9 comments:

Chris said...

what would, say, a non-essential body part be? I've heard you can live without an appendix...

I'm so so so sorry about the lack of sleep. That really stinks. On the upside, we're going to have a killer time on the road next week... especially when we throw the guys in together and get to hang with our coffees and shades and funny stories. Cuz we'll need all of that to handle the kind of curves that come our way on a Harms trip. Don't panic now, but don't say I didn't warn you. Panic does nothing productive anyhow.

ps. better bring lots of tinfoil and duct tape... and extra coffee.

Berry Girl said...

I have a little dread that EVERYONE on this trip is going to HATE us because BBaby will be waking EVERYONE up at various points in the night.

Can hardly wait for that.
I may end up in a heap, curled up in the fetal position sucking my thumb.

Chris said...

The secret answer to that is earplugs. Earplugs for everyone. Everyone and their dog.... Amen.

Chris said...

oh... and some rum for Bbaby...

Berry Girl said...

NOW you're talkin'...can some of the rum be for me?

Suzy said...

I can remember telling my counselor once that I would give a body part if it meant I'd be free from anxiety. He gave me a quizzical look so I started naming body parts... and then, as usual, as I kept talking things went from bad to worse. Although it was funny at the time, I really understand what you mean by wanting to give body parts for sleep. Sometimes we need something so badly we feel desperate.

Berry Girl said...

I still have some of BBaby's reflux meds and I'm going to start him on them again today and see if it makes a difference.
We'll see the paediatrician on the 26th or something, so it would be good to see if this makes a difference before going to see her anyway.
Can't hurt.
And sleeping can't get much worse - the last three nights have been like when he was an infant - I lost count of how many times I had to get up with him last night.

Funny thing - I started his night with plain water. At the first waking he still took it. At the second one he refused it until I added a splash of Apple Juice. At the third waking the ratio was still not strong enough, and it continued like that for the rest of the night until the ratio was at a more acceptable half-and-half (lol). What a wiener.

Unknown said...

>>panic does nothing productive anyhow<<

ha ha ha... so true. great mantra. Sorry it's been a rough week B-girl. Keep your chin up, your big vacation is just around the corner!

Tracey said...

Now I understand your coffee addiction better.

Some....Daaaayyy (sung with a silly vibrato) you will wake up from a full night's sleep and drink a cup of coffee and it will give you a lil *pep* for the morning.