I ran immediately after work this afternoon so that I could eat buttercream icing while I practiced icing a special cake. Because that’s what bakers do, no? Eat the icing while they work?
Anyway, I “dirty iced” it (I can say stuff like that because I watch Cake Boss on TLC. I’m pretty sure that makes me an expert) and then broke out the icing bag and my piping tip.
The cake turned out really well for a first attempt – here it is:
It’s a ruffle cake, 6 inch round, 3 layers. I filled it with lemon curd filling and iced it with vanilla buttercream.
I tinted it a light lavender because I thought it would go well with the yellow of the lemon filling. Kind of ignore the top there. I wasn’t exactly sure how to finish it on top so I tried a couple different things and then my hand was cramping so I just smeared icing into the center and called it a day.
And then I ate it.
3 comments:
needs a caption on it
http://pinterest.com/pin/80477585/
hilarious
not sure I am comfortable with being a 'berry babe'
Post a Comment