I just really love technology. When it works for me.
I bought a new laptop (see previous post) which has Windows 7 as an operating system. I love new things, and I like Windows 7.
A few months ago, I bought a new printer. It’s wireless, which is awesome.
Would you believe that my new printer is incompatible with my new laptop? Of course. My brand new printer has no idea what Windows 7 is, and therefore won’t install.
Now I have *some* techy smarts, and I know enough to know that I have to download a driver for the printer to make it compatible with Windows 7. Only every time I tried to download the driver I spent an hour getting to 15% downloaded and then it would fail.
Thankfully, HP has some actually helpful tech support that you don’t have to actually talk to, so by emails from my new friend Mike* I was able to install the printer. In only two days. And there was great rejoicing.
At least it distracted me temporarily from the fact that I’m not running and am therefore turning into a blob.
Not really, but kind of.
I’m having a complete self-image fail and am avoiding my scale now like the plague. Although, if I were to actually get the plague, I would be pretty much guaranteed to lose weight….
On the bright side, I go to physio again tomorrow and if the hip is still where it’s supposed to be, then I will (pleasepleaseplease) attempt running again. Like probably the second I get back home.
Aren’t you glad that I’m still awake to type all this? Yep. Me neither.
*probably not his real name, but who knows.
4 comments:
I have to say... I laughed aloud at the thought of you coveting the plague... we really wouldn't wish that on you.
In fact, to combat your self image problems, may I suggest the solution may be in something else shallow and frivolous? Shopping! I hereby volunteer to take you book shopping, and home decor shopping, and even cool-dirtbike-shirt shopping. We will stay away from all stores with bathing suits, underwear and fitted clothing in general- I promise. Now... doesn't that sound like a good fix to the present problems?
OR there's this:
Proverbs 31:6 (New International Version) Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish. (How bad EXACTLY are you feeling?)
ROTFLOL! I am *totally* perishing and in anguish ;) You're awesome. Have I said that yet this week? So. Awesome.
I'm in. Let's shop.
"if I were to actually get the plague, I would be pretty much guaranteed to lose weight"- HA HA HA HA HA..... you made my day. Thanks.
And it only took two days for you to install your printer? That's amaaaaazing!
Jen, you're so great. Keep us posted on that hip! I'm cheering for hip health.
While there is definitely no competing with Chris' awesomeness, I gladly volunteer to watch the berry boys for you to go and be blessed by said awesomeness :) keep your chin up, girl. Remember, you've got SO much to be thankful for. What ever happened to those Thankful Thursday posts of ours? They were so therapeutic.
You are beautiful, inside and out, and will take this all in stride, come what may. Hoping, hoping that you get a good report from Jude today.
Post a Comment